See how easy it is to have great looking underwater LED lights
With the flip of a switch, the water behind your yacht comes alive. Fish dart in and out of the pool of light as it mesmerizes you like a campfire. Its glow creates a relaxing atmosphere that drives away all of the stresses of the workweek.
Underwater yacht lights don’t have to be flashy. You don’t need lights that turn every color of the rainbow or dance to music to help you relax. All they really need to do is transform the water into an oasis of your favorite light color large enough to cover the entire width of your transom.
Many yacht owners think that they have to spend thousands of dollars to get high-quality underwater LED lights. But the fact is that for under $800, plus the cost of installation, you can have a pair of the brightest, highest quality underwater LED yacht lights available.
Built to Last
The Shadow-Caster designed the SCR-16 for yachts and large boats that live in the water. The bronze housing won’t corrode, even in saltwater. Bronze also helps to stop marine growth so you spend less time cleaning and more time enjoying. At only 4” round and 1/2” thick, they fit almost anywhere making finding a suitable mounting location a breeze.
Speaking of mounting, these are surface mounted lights. The only drilling required is a 5/8” hole for the power cord and 3 small holes for the mounting screws. Use 3M 4200 Marine Adhesive to seal the holes and help hold the lights to the transom.
The SCR-16 is as tough on the inside as it is on the outside. Shadow-Caster builds its underwater lights with three levels of protection.
- Thermal Protection circuits monitor the LEDs for overheating.
- Surge Protection circuits monitor the voltage coming into the light and temporarily stops power flow when a high voltage spike occurs.
- Reverse Polarity Protection circuits prevent power from flowing in the wrong direction and damaging the LEDs.
Built to Perform
But what good is all that protection if the lights don’t perform? The SCR-16 performs brilliantly!
- Up to 5,000 lumens of light. The SCR-16 is much brighter than a standard underwater boat light.
- 120 degrees light spread floods the water with light. No ugly spotlight effect!
- 5 light colors plus a two-color version for the same price.
- 10 – 40 Volt Input. Works with 12 volt, 24 volts, or even 36 volt systems.
- 60 Watts (5 amps @ 12 volts)
- 2- Year Warranty
- Made in the USA
Less Expensive to Install
A two-light setup is also simpler to install meaning a lower installation cost for you. Run a single positive wire from a switch at the helm to the positive wires of the lights. Then connect the negative wires from the lights to the negative busbar at the back of the boat grounding them to the batteries negative terminal. That’s as quick and easy as wiring gets on a yacht.
As you can see, yacht underwater lights don’t have to be flashy or expensive. In fact, you can get bright, high-quality lights for less than had probably imagined.
Click here to learn more about the Shadow-caster SCR-16.